Stay for an indefinite period

You want to apply for a residence permit to live on Aruba indefinitely. When are you eligible for this? And can you work with a residence permit for an indefinite period?

A residence permit for an indefinite period means that there is no end date of your permit to live in Aruba.

You must be able to prove to the residence permit that you have had a legal residence for at least 10 years in Aruba

This means that:

  1. You have had a temporary residence permit or declaration for a total of at least 120 months;
  2. You were registered in the population register during your stay. You must provide proof of this. Please note that you are not required to register in the population register throughout the entire period of stay, only at the time of application;
  3. You did not have a temporary residence permit for more than 3 years while staying in Aruba;
  4. You have not stayed in Aruba for more than 2 years without a valid reason (health or study).

Are you of age (18 years and above)? Then the permanent residence permit gives you permission to work.

You are a minor (under 18 years)? You can be given a residence permit without permission to work. (on request a permit with permission to work can be issued)

What do I need?

  1. Judicial documentation (18-65 years)
  2. Payment of already paid deposit guarantee
  3. All previous licenses / declarations and payment certificates