You want to follow a study in Aruba. For this, you need a temporary residence permit. With this residence permit, you can study in Aruba and gain work experience (as a trainee). You do not have permission to work (paid work).

Please be advised: If you would like to stay in Aruba after finishing your study, your application will be handled as an administrative first time application.

To be eligible for a residence permit as a student, you must meet the following conditions:


  1. You are of legal age (18years and above)
  2. You are solvent or have a school or third person as a guarantor;
  3. You attend full day study at an accredited educational institution:
  • University of Aruba
  • The Institution of Pedagogico Arubano
  • EPI
  • The International School of Aruba
  • The Dr. Horacio Oduber Hospital
  • Xavier school of medicine

Do you meet these conditions? Then view the overview below, check what you need to arrange before you can apply for the residence permit.

What do I need?

  1. Rental agreement or a confirmation of appropriate housing
  2. Judicial documentation
  3. Certificate of registration
  4. Declaration of education institute
  5. Solvency Student proof
  6. Proof of a private insurance for the duration of study