Header image

Appeal to a decision

You do not agree with a DIMAS decision

Then you can object. Objection means that you do not agree with the DIMAS decision and that you submit a substantiated written complaint with counter arguments.

The Land Registry Administrative Case Law provides all interested parties directly affected by a decision of the Minister of Integration (read: DIMAS) the possibility of objecting to the decision.

You may object to a positive or negative decision sent by the DIMAS. This is done by submitting a notice of objection and a copy of this to DIMAS at the reception desk. You will receive your stamped copy as proof of receipt by DIMAS. The DIMAS sends your appeal to the LAR, which deals with these matters. You must do this within 6 weeks of the date of your decision.

Of Objection (LAR) to Occupation (GEA) and Higher Occupation

DIMAS will send your objection to the LAR within two weeks. If the LAR adopts your appeal, you will be invited to a hearing to explain your appeal. Within a period of 4 to 8 weeks after the hearing, the LAR will deliver an opinion to the DIMAS.

Within 6 weeks of receiving this LAR opinion, the DIMAS will take a new decision on objections. If you disagree with the new decision, you may appeal to the Court of First Instance. You can do this within 6 weeks of the date of the DIMAS new decision by means of a professional letter and payment of registration fees at the GEA.

If you do not agree with the GEA’s statement, you can also within 6 weeks of Higher Appeals at the Joint Court of Justice of Aruba, Curacao, and St. Maarten.

Provisional provision art 54.

If you are interested and you believe that the decision against which your objection or appeal has caused a disproportionate disadvantage and, in the meantime, considers that emergency provision is necessary to discontinue the disadvantage, you may request a court order.

You direct your request to the GEA pursuant to Article 54 of the LAR.

The judge will then consider the request and if this is the case, the decision against which the party concerned is objectionable will be temporarily removed from its operation. This is referred to as the suspension of the decision.