Do you want to start a business on Aruba? Then read on this page which permissions you need.

Settlement permit companies

Companies must be in possession of a branch licensing company, in accordance with the Companies Ordinance Office-holding a settlement permit companies. This license is issued by the Directorate-General for Economic Affairs (DEZHI) after the Chamber of Commerce and Industry has been heard. The only exception applies to sole proprietorships or partnerships consisting exclusively of persons born in Aruba.

Director’s license

Directors who are not born in Aruba and do not have Dutch nationality must also have a director’s license. This license is also issued by the Economic Affairs Department (DEZHI).

Chamber of Commerce and Industry

Companies must sign up to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Aruba within one week of starting a business.