Continued Residence (Family/study)

You would like to apply for a temporary residence permit in the context of continued residence. Here we explain when you qualify for this.

You must meet the following conditions:

  1. You are at least 18 years old, and up to 26 years old.
  2. You were already admitted to Aruba when you were a minor:
    – You have been granted a residence permit as a minor, or;
    – As a minor your status did not require you to submit a permit request

In addition, you must also meet one of these conditions:

  1. You are following a full study (day or evening) at a recognized educational institution, or;
  2. You are not schooling, and do not work, or;
  3. You are schooling and work for a maximum of 20 hours a week.

Please note: For this residence permit, a parent/guardian must be a guarantor. This must be the same parent/guardian who was guarantor during your years as a minor.

Do you meet the conditions? In the overview below, check what matters to you before you can apply for a residence permit.

What do I need?

  1. School statement

If you want permission to work for up to 20 hours a week:

  1. Form A
  2. Employer’s declaration
  3. SVB declaration of registration employer
  4. Original SVB declaration registration employee
  5. Stage statement